Homeless Youth Initiative
If you are 24 or younger and in an unstable housing situation, homeless, or at risk of homelessness, HPRP offers legal assistance in the following areas:
- Housing application denial
- Eviction from public housing, Section 8, emergency shelter, transitional housing program, or permanent supportive housing
- Public benefits denial or termination (food stamps, Temporary Cash Assistance, Medical Assistance, or Temporary Disability Assistance Program)
- Expungement (removal of criminal charges from the public record)
HPRP also has volunteer attorneys who may be able to provide legal assistance in the following areas:
- Family law (child custody, peace and protective orders, etc.)
- Consumer law (credit and debt issues, identity theft, etc.)
- Landlord-tenant issues
- Name change
- Connection or reconnection to foster care
- Social Security disability or survivor’s benefits
- Other civil legal issues – Please contact us to ask whether we can help you!
HPRP offers intake at the following locations:
201 North Charles Street
Baltimore, MD 21201
Please call to schedule an appointment or ask about our services.
Youth Empowered Society (YES) Drop-In Center
2315 North Charles Street, first floor
Baltimore, MD 21218
Legal clinic is held on the second and fourth Tuesdays of the month from 2 p.m. to 4 p.m.
This intake site serves individuals who have completed the YES Drop-In Center intake process and are current YES participants. Please contact YES at 410-235-7744 to schedule an intake appointment.
1212 N. Wolfe Street
Baltimore, MD 21213
Legal clinic is held on the first Wednesday of the month from 1:30 p.m. to 3:30 p.m. This intake site serves individuals who are enrolled in the YO program. YO enrollment and orientation is held every Monday at 10 a.m. Please call 410-732-2661 for more information.
Center for Urban Families
2201 North Monroe Street
Baltimore, MD 21217
This intake site only serves individuals who are participants in the STRIVE Future Leaders program with the Center for Urban Families. Contact Kate Wolfson, Program Manager for STRIVE Future Leaders, at 410-367-5691 for more information.