“Personal Information” is information that identifies you personally, such as your name, address, telephone number, and email address. We collect and store the personally identifiable information that you have provided us. Here are some examples of ways in which we may collect your information.
- When you request information via one of the email addresses identified on our website or otherwise contact us in person, by phone or email, with a question. We may then collect your name, address and email in order to respond to that inquiry.
- We may collect your name, email address and other contact information if you register for an event.
- We may collect your name, email address, telephone number and payment information when you make a contribution, either on our website, over the phone or by mailing in a check.
The above list provides a sample of personal information that may be collected by HPRP. From time to time, we may collect personal information from you in ways not described above.
Use and Disclosure of Personal Information
- We will not sell, trade, or share your personal information collected on the website or through any other business activities with anyone else, except as may be required to be shared in order to provide services to you or on your behalf.
- We will not send you mailings on behalf of other organizations.
- We will only share your personal information if you give us specific permission to do so.
- We will collect, either ourselves or through a reputable third party, payment information, billing address and other information necessary to process a donation or event registration.
- We may disclose your information if required to comply with the law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to conform to the requirements of law or comply with legal process served on us, to protect and defend our rights or act in urgent circumstances, or to protect the personal safety of others.
- We may use the personal information to protect against potential fraud by verifying with third parties the information collected in the course of processing a gift, event registration or other donation. If you use a credit or debit card on our website (or on our payment processor’s website), we may use card authorization and fraud screening services to verify that your card information and address matches the information that you supplied to us and that the card being used has not been reported lost or stolen.
- You have the right to review information that we have collected about you. To review that information please contact us in writing at: Executive Director, HPRP, 201 North Charles Street, Suite 1104, Baltimore, MD 21201. Such requests will be processed in accordance with local laws, and there may be circumstances where we are unable to provide access where it is legally permissible to do so, including where the information contains legal privilege, is a security risk or would compromise others’ privacy. You may also ask us to update information we hold about you where you believe it is incomplete, inaccurate or out of date.
We treat the personal information you provide to us as confidential and take reasonable steps, including employing reasonable security measures, whether ourselves or through our third party technology providers, to protect your personal information from accidental deletion or loss and unauthorized access, disclosure or modification.